Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Gel Candle

well today I decided to make a gel candle. I used wax from another candle that I didn't like, melted it and added blue dye. The result was this beautiful green color (the other wax was yellow/orange)that unfortunately wasn't very see through. The good point about it not being very transparent, is you can't as easily tell that all the glitter is hugging the wick line and forming a pool of pure glitter at the bottom. Also you can't tell that I poured the wax in to fast causing all the shells to be pushed to the outer edge. But overall it worked out and I know what to try and do differently next time.


2 comments:

Katie said...

That is REALLY cool! You totally have to teach me how to do that.

Aidyn Nicole said...

It's really easy but not the cheapest hobby.